Sunday, May 3, 2015

Blog #15: The Final Goodbye


            We’re back and maybe for the last time.  So this is where the end begins.  From the first day of class when our teach told us about this project to the day he told us that it was finally over there were mixed feelings all around.  I know that I was kind of dreading it but now I really don’t know what I’m going to do with my Sunday nights.  Even though this semester is over this blog is still going to be up, the real question is if we will keep writing. 

Some of the big parts that have really opened my eyes throughout this semester through the readings we have done, the discussions we have had and all the other blogs that we have read.  One thing that I really enjoyed was when we had to watch Forest Man.  That short film was eye opening and crazy to think that this man made a forest from a desert pretty much.  He had an idea and decided to do something about it.  He did everything he could to make this beautiful forest out of nothing but he kept with it no matter what.  That is showing true dedication and it makes me wonder what if everyone cared about something that big, who knows maybe the world would be changing in a better way a little bit faster.  Another piece that I can still remember was How to die in the Anthropocene.  This reading felt more like a story being told rather then a reading throwing all this information to you.  It was also interesting to see how the author described his views on dying in the Anthropocene.  Emotions are also a big part in this class and talking about those were big in trying to understand everything and in listening and figuring out other peoples views on certain things.  Not only the reading on emotions but the discussion that we had in class that day over the reading was also one of the big things that I enjoyed and found very interesting.  I honestly didn’t really thing much about emotion and how that all played a part of this class, but after that day it certainly made me thing a little more on how I felt on certain issues.  That was probably one of my favorite days because I didn’t realize how everyone felt about one issue and how maybe people agreed with them.  It opened my eyes in helping me realize it is okay to feel more then one thing on a subject, even if they are total opposites.
            I think I have learned a lot about blogging, more then I thought I would.  Looking back to the first post to the last I have realized that even though I may not be a great writer I have learned a lot from reading other people’s blogs and researching random topics that come up during a family dinner.  You would be amazed on all the things you could find if you actually look up half the things people talk about.  I know I was when I looked up the idea of a bio urn.  That was probably one of my favorite parts of this project was finding things that could relate to your topic and still be very interesting to read and write about.  The bio urn was also one of my favorite posts because it was so unique (to me at least) and it was in idea that came up in an everyday setting and something I didn’t really believe until I actually looked it up when I got home.  Who knew you could actually become useful to the environment when you die.  Also it is still something my family talks about at random dinner conversations today.  Just earlier today my mom mentioned it to my grandma and she was amazed and didn’t think it could actually happen.  Another interesting thing I thought that was really cool was watching that movie on the “Tiny houses”.  I told my mom about that and she actually really liked the idea.  Yesterday while we were walking around Ikea we saw all these things that could be put into her “Tiny house”.  It was lots of fun kind of joking around with her about it all. 
            This blog has brought to me, and I’m sure everyone else too, an eventful semester.  I can’t believe how much everyone has grown through writing this blog and through exploring new projects. 


So this is the final farewell, maybe.  Until the next time I write or someone writes.  Thank you for all the support and reading even if you hated it. 

2 comments:

  1. This actually made me sad! We've done so much this semester and really have grown.

    ReplyDelete