Monday, February 9, 2015

Getting Started

Greetings y'all. It is time for my first official post. As a quick intro, my name is Kendal, and I am one of the members of The Lorax. I am a geography student, and hope to bring a somewhat unique perspective to this blog. I ostensibly am part of this group to talk about how environmental changes hurt small cultures. However, there every possibility that other topics are brought up, especially ones that relate both geography and the anthropocene. Now, you might be wondering why a geography student is would participate in a blog about habitat destruction. The answer is rather simple: being in geography, I am interested in all things Earth related, of which the environment is a substantial part. One aspect that I am particularly hoping to look into is environmental determinism, or how the environment of around a culture shapes it. With the world's climate ever changing and natural landscapes being altered, I am interested to learn about and share how this idea may still hold relevancy in the modern age.

That's all I have for now. look for my individual inquiry a second blog post in the very near future. I will be diving right in, so be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment