Sunday, April 5, 2015

Blog 11: Can you really turn into a tree when you die?

             Welcome back readers!  So today at our Easter dinner I was talking to one of our family friend and we somehow got on the topic of death, which lead to someone saying that there was like a pod type thing that you can put yourself into after you die and then plant it and you will turn into a tree.  I thought that was the craziest thing but it got me thinking about this blog and I figured that it could be a great topic to talk about and a little different.  I did looked it up when I got home and I found this website: 

They are called “Bio Urns”, you can buy them for $145 and there are about 5/6 trees you can choose to be.  They can either be used for humans or pets!  The way I imagine they work is that you will be cremated and then placed in these urns and then buried in the ground where you will eventually turn into a tree and be remembered for whom you were and the life you have lived.  You can even get your whole family in it and maybe even some close family friends in it with you and then it will be like a big family forest and that would be really cool.  Perhaps you could even dedicate the location where all these people will be put and protect it.  Or perhaps even if there was a big area, like a cemetery, but instead of gravestones we could have “grave yards” but instead “tree yards”.
            In my opinion when I die I don’t want to be rotting in the ground or cremated and just put in a box.  After hearing this idea I think it is a brilliant idea and I would definitely rather do this then the other two ideas.  I think it is a great way to repay the earth with all the trees that we cut down and burn up all the time.
            This is a great alternate way in helping the trees and the whole deforestation issue.  When we talked about ideas about things to do to for helping the trees last week, well add it to the list!  It is a very interesting way to think about things and death because who knows maybe if you believe in the after life and that you can be something more after you die you literally be something after you die.  And you will even get to pick what kind of tree to be.  It is a great idea and I think that more people should be aware of it, not only because of the benefits that it will give our environment but because it is a pretty cool idea!  It is an adventure and an experiment almost.  It is a pretty cool thing and I hope this post could help you to explore new possibilities and maybe think about something outside of the box on a situation so serious.

-Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. When death came up recently in my family this is exactly what I told my mother I wanted since there's apparently laws constraining the spread of ashes (otherwise I'd want to sprinkled in a ton of place). The idea of a family forest is actually amazing. It makes me think of a kind of way of biologically confirming/creating a sort of animism.

    ReplyDelete