Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Blog Number Seven: Ideology

Welcome back friends.  Today we are going to talk about ideology and what it means.  Figuring out your ideology and then using that to go on and talk about the environment and how it could help you figure out ways to help save it.  Join me in exploring through this thought.

What is ideology?  But more importantly what is your ideology?  
Ideology: a system of ideas and ideals, especially one that forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.  It also is, the science of ideas; the study of their origin and nature.  

We are going to form our ideas of the environment and deforestation.  
The anthropocene that we live in has many ways that we look at it.  If you just go and think about where you live and the areas around you that you always go to you see a wonderful place called home.  For me being a student at Kansas State University I think of campus and call it home.  That is my home and the place I am always at.  The dorms are home because it is where I live.  Those are my thoughts over my anthropocene.  Although being in college the place you live is so closely related to the place that I go to school at (its cause it is the same place pretty much).  School and home can be the same two places because if it is what you are always around then you cannot help but call it the same place.  Even when I do go back to Kansas City (the place I grew up) that is still home to me as well.  Nothing wrong with have two homes.  So what is your ideology on your home?  

Now onto deforestation.  What’s your ideology on deforestation?  A tough question for people to answer sometimes.  I’ll tell you mine and maybe that’ll help.  Deforestation, I am not fully on bored with it but then again I use paper all the time.  I hate the fact that we have to cut down almost every tree we see in order to make paper, furniture, houses, books, anything you can think of.  It is a tricky thing to realize everytime I print something off I feel like I am killing a tree.  I love writing but I hate the fact that in order to write you have to kill the things that help us breath and survive.  Without trees we would have an overload of CO2 in the air because there are no trees there to take that and turn it into oxygen for us to breath in.  I feel like I always say this but it is the truth, WE HAVE TO SAVE THE TREES.  Recycle, don’t print everything out all the time.  It is the little things that we have to think about so that they can help us get the big picture and help us realize that the big things are the things that will help us stay here longer, the ones that will help us learn and go and share that knowledge with generations to come.  

So in a way my ideology on deforesetation is my blog over it all not just this post but the whole thing.  Throughout the semester because every week there is something new that I mention, or try to at least, that shows us studying different things and then relate it back to our topic, our project.  So think about your ideology over something you are passionate about and explain that.  That’s your project for next time!  So until then and thanks for reading fellow friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment